Areas: History of Political Philosophy, Marxism, Nineteenth Century Philosophy, Philosophy of History, Post-War French Thought
Figures: Georg Lukacs, Karl Marx, Maurice Merleau-Ponty
D.T.C. University of Paris
- “Sartre on Freedom, Fatalism and the Other,” Southwest Philosophy Review, XXIV, 2008.
- “Hegel’s Need of Philosophy,” Southwest Philosophy Review, XXIII, 2, 2007.
- “Merleau-Ponty on the Intellectual and Action.” Merleau-Ponty’s Later Works and Their Practical Implications: The Dehiscence of Responsibility: , D. Davis (ed.), Humanity Books, an Imprint of Prometheus Books, Amherst: New York, 2001.
- "Ricoeur as Social Philosopher," in The Philosophy of Paul Ricoeur, L. Hahn (ed.), Library of Living Philosophers Series, Chicago: Open Court, 1995.
- "G. Lukacs," "J.-J. Rousseau," and "G. Sorel" entries in The Cambridge Dictionary of Philosophy. R. Audi, (ed.). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1995.
- History, revolution, and human nature : Marx's philosophical anthropology, B.R. Grüner, 1984.
- "Politics of the Present: Machiavellian Humanism." Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 42, 1981