Occasionally a student has a complaint about a philosophy class or its instructor. 

If possible, the student should first try discussing the matter with the instructor during the instructor's office hours.

If this is not possible, or fails to resolve the problem, then the student should take the matter further.

If the instructor is a TA, the student should next contact the faculty member teaching the large-lecture class in which the TA is assisting or, if the TA is teaching an independent section of a course, the TA's Teaching Advisor (whose contact information should be on the TA's syllabus).

If the instructor is a faculty member, the student should next contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies.

As a final step, a student may take the problem to the Chair of the Philosophy Department.